Apr 29, 2007

Baby Expo (sé)

Baby Celebration

Nicole & I ventured into another weekend adventure. We went to the LA convention center to the Baby Celebration. It was fun & a bit dangerous. Talk about over stimulation for moms. I think we may have had the brain power of one mom put together by the end of the day. You could find any trendy baby thing you could dream up. Half of the things I know either myself or my mom could make. I did indulge in some lotions, big surprise considering the addiction I have. I wanted another baby Carrier/sling thing but I wasn't going to shell out the $80 for it. I guess I will have to try and make my own. After looking at all the cool stuff I am wondering if there are any niche markets left. Everybody wants to be an entrepreneur.

Danger moms with strollers.
This should actually be the title of a brand new blog. When leaving for the day, we got lost. It was like the two country bumpkins were so excited about finding the expo they didn't pay attention to where they came from. We probably walked a mile just finding our way around the convention center. We went up and down a half dozen elevators. It was a mess. I suggested we take an escalator, oops. Poor Nicole who follows directions doesn't usually take the escalator. Her first trip up, after my suggestion almost ended up a disaster with a dumped stroller. Then her wheels locked up going up onto the sidewalk from the street and we almost lost Gracie and Nicole to the street. Then I had the stroller parked next to the car with sleeping Hannah in it. I was busy unloading James and things letting her sleep. She was very peaceful, no problems. I removed her and was buckling her into her seat when 8 month prego Nicole takes off running after my stroller. Yes the stroller was about 3 feet or less from going into the street. Needless to say that shook me up a bit. Thank goodness my precious cargo was out of the danger mobile. Actually $80 for another carrier is looking good for a safe baby.

No comments: