Jan 3, 2009

That everyday chaos I was talking about

Yesterday was a funny day. We had several little adventures that led to the perfect example of everyday chaos.

My cell phone speaker was broken. I could hear everyone but they couldn't hear me. It's the only phone I use for long distance. So I wanted to go by the cell phone store to see if it could be fixed. I dragged Jerry and the kids along because Costco was next.

Jerry wanted some coffee at Starbucks so we drove through. Two lattes and two chocolate milks. The kids were thrilled because I had run out of juice and milk at home and oh the horror they had to drink water only for about 24 hrs.

I go into the cell store by myself leaving three monkeys in the car with their beverages. It turns out my phone is broken and I have to call in to get a new one. I was still under a year so it's free! Little naive me thought maybe I would be given one there. Ha! No, I have to call in. I get back to the car greeted by two kids saying they have to pee and one husband telling me they can wait till Costco. By the way this is totally a dad move. I would have unbuckled the two of them and brought them into the store or any of the 13 next door to pee.

As I am driving to Costco there is a little chant coming from the back. "Got to pee, Got to pee." We get to Costco and park. Jerry grabs James and takes off. So I unload Hannah from her seat, stick her in the cart, get my membership card out and we are off. I catch up to Jerry at the door as he is digging for his membership card. Still behind him I am cracking up because James is running then being dragged and moaning the whole time. This kid clearly has to pee. I ask Jerry why didn't he wait as I follow him to the bathroom and he states "because I thought I would be faster." Ha! No one walks fast enough for me. So the poor kid could have ridden in the cart to the back corner bathroom. I take Hannah in and when we come out where is Jerry? He has little patience for waiting in one spot for us and he was off.

We finish up our Costco adventure by taking turns getting James to walk with us. Which by the way when I am by my self he rides. But whatever. We buy a take and bake pizza for lunch and head home to bake it. This time the chant is "I am hungry, I am hungry". Get home eat lunch and I try out this new fizzy immunity drink supper full of vitamin C that Costco was selling. I wanted emergency C but they don't carry it anymore, I guess. It was good enough and super sweet.

Get on the phone to replace my phone. After being on hold forever, talking to three different people, and erasing everything off my old phone they determine yes it's broken send her a new one. About this time everyone is ready for a nap. The kids are both crying in their rooms because they were fighting over a blanket and Jerry had HAD IT. Off they went for naps. I decided to eat and orange and watch some TV during my quiet time. I totally fell asleep on the couch, something I haven't done since my first trimester. I woke up and it was time for everyone to be up. The kids and I shared some more oranges. Yes I bought a bag at Costco. Then I started cooking dinner. I wasn't super hungry but it was that time of day.

After dinner my stomach was killing me. Luckily Jerry was home because all that vitamin C I had consumed through out the day came back at me with a vengeance. I will leave the rest of the evening up to your imagination.

Bed time, time to get some rest to do the same craziness again all by myself today. But no vitamin C for me today!

No comments: